Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Magnet Links won't load in Tixiati under Ubuntu 14.04

by Guest on 2014/04/25 10:42:06 PM    
Hi,

I've installed Tixiti on my Ubuntu 14.04 distro, and removed Transmission, which is the default torrent client.  Then in Tixati's Shell integration, I checked magnet link association and it was set to Tixati.  

I also added "MimeType=application/x-bittorrent;application/x-torrent;x-scheme-handler/magnet;" to:
/usr/share/applications/tixati.desktop

As well as added "x-scheme-handler/magnet=tixati.desktop" to:
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

and to:
/usr/share/applications/defaults.list

Now when I click on a Magent link from any torrent site, Tixati will launch, but nothing will be added to my download queue.

Hoping someone has seen this same issue before and has some guidance towards the steps I am missing.

I use sickbeard to queue TV's shows I watch, and if it uses popular torrent engines, which use only magnet links, I get an error.  If I copy the line from the logs sickbeard has tried to open in Tixati under Add/Open Magnet Link, it works just fine, but doing it manually kind of defeats the purpose of having an Internet PVR like Sickbeard installed.
by Guest on 2014/05/03 04:41:40 AM    
I tried a bunch of things and finally got magnet links working with Tixati under Ubuntu 14.04.  I think these are the relevant changes that I made.

Make sure that both:

~/.local/share/applications/tixati.desktop  
/usr/share/applications/tixati.desktop

have this string:

MimeType=application/x-bittorrent;application/x-torrent;x-scheme-handler/magnet;

And change the %F in the Exec statement to %U:

Exec=tixati %U
by Guest on 2015/05/30 09:10:20 AM    
hi,
same problem here (xfce on arch linux)
followed given instructions but the problem remains

here's tixati's log:
[10:02:46 AM]  attempted to open bad hash link > magnet:%3Fxt=urn:btih:b45bfccfcd5301e94af8500b1a1863415346a91a&dn=archlinux-2015.05.01-dual.iso&tr=udp://tracker.archlinux.org:6969&tr=http://tracker.archlinux.org:6969/announce

works with firefox, doesn't work with chromium

be well
jim
by Guest on 2015/05/31 07:27:26 AM    
%3F should be a ?(Question Mark) in the link.

the link is encoded wrong. it turned the question mark into %3F and it should not have.

replace the %3F with ? and it should work.
by Guest on 2015/06/02 02:35:17 AM    
Chrome also isn't working for me.

Anyone know how to edit the URI in chrome/ubuntu?

Currently my error is:   attempted to open bad hash link > magnet:///?xt=urn:btih:C91D26258D03767  (etc)

I believe my magnet links are not opening because of the 3 slash's after magnet:

but I don't know where to remove those slashes....
by Guest on 2016/05/10 03:02:49 AM    
Just run in the terminal
sudo xdg-mime default tixati.desktop x-scheme-handler/magnet

It should work now.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server