Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

How to remove disk usage.

by GameON on 2020/09/21 12:01:29 PM    
I have 32 GB of ram. I want Tixati to use my ram as a cache and store much as possible and after storing a large chunk of data then I want Tixati to move it to HDD.

Will any of this settings will work?
In this link:- (link removed by mod - link not working)
by Qvaris on 2020/09/22 02:07:14 AM    
Few things you can maybe look at.

1. Creating a RAM-disk on your memory. Only problem I can see with this would be that you would get an error stating that your "drive" dont have enough space.
2. Third Party software like a good RAM manager might work where you can allocate a certain amount of Cache. If I recall Master-RAM can do that. Unfortunately I personally have never did it so wont be able to give setting advice or be sure that it can even do it.
3. Under correction, but you might be able to allocate X amount of RAM to ready boost. I know it works well on Flash Drives but there is a possibility that you might be able to ready boost some of your RAM. Might be worth investigating. I usually get my technical info from toms hardware since they normally have the answers I am looking for.

I have been thru several of the settings n Tixati and dont recall seeing any form of memory management amongst the settings. Only "Move" is on completion of download and thats why i'm thinking the RAM-disk might be your best option. Remember to keep some RAM available for your system to not freeze up due to lack of RAM. 32G I would think leaving 8G will be sufficient to still use your system while downloading.
by Guest on 2020/09/25 02:43:19 PM    
Thank you for your info :)
by Guest on 2020/09/26 06:33:33 PM    
For ram disks, I also recommend looking at ImDisk.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server