Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Sequential file downloading?? for Early playback?

by Guest on 2020/09/11 08:33:08 AM    
Sequential file downloading?? for Early playback?

Is there a setting for Sequential file downloading and or the preferential downloading of the start and end portion of a video file so that the local player can sample the content

thanks
by Guest on 2020/09/12 07:54:50 AM    
Is there no global setting ?

I set each file to sequential but i still cannot playback the video to sample, what settings do i change?

PS. the captcha discriminates against colorblind people?
by justanweringwhatican7 on 2020/09/13 08:02:52 AM    
I haven't found a global setting, though this is very easy to do for video streaming.

Just select the torrent, then the files tab in the info box down below. Right click the file you want to download sequentially, go to priority, and check the sequential box.

You can also made this selection when you first load a torrent in, by right clicking on the file and doing the same process.

Here's a screenshot of the menu location, just make sure that box is ticked https://i.imgur.com/qF3wM6l.png

Vlc media player is able to stream these torrents as they download. Just wait until there's a decent chunk of completed download at the start, find the file and open with vlc.

Before you start up, always make sure there's a solid chunk of consecutive pieces at the start. Also, just like any streaming, your internet will have to be fast enough to download the file faster than you watch it.

This is my first post on this forum btw so hope I didn't break any rules or anything. Been a long time user though, and tixati + vlc is a great way to stream video files.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server