Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Remote Access Feature

by Guest on 2020/09/03 08:43:39 AM    
Hello,

Let me start out by saying that I've had problems with other torrent apps, and I'm SO glad I found yours! So glad, in fact, I donated. This is not something I do at all lightly as I am disabled and on a very limited income.

There is one feature myself and others desperately wish you'd add, that other torrent clients have had for a while: The ability to add torrents remotely just by clicking on them.

Others have raised this issue, and if I'm being honest, I don't think you're giving it fair consideration. You state that the WebUI is good enough.

Well, when you're someone like myself who is disabled and has limited use of their hands, it is, in all honesty, cumbersome.

For example, say I'm at my favorite torrent site, and I have ten torrents I wish to send to Tixati on my Media PC to start downloading. I have to open a separate tab in my browser, then I have to right-click, copy and paste the torrent URL into the Tixati tab and click Add for every. Single. One.

The functionality we're asking for is similar to the Web UI option in uTorrent (JUST AS AN EXAMPLE). You set up options very similarly to what you would for Tixati's web ui. But then there is a corresponding remote (in my case Android) app in which is set up with matching settings. NOW, when faced with multiple torrents, I can just go to my favorite site on my phone, click the magnet link for each torrent, then they're automatically sent to my Media PC for downloading in Tixati.

PLEASE, I beg you. Please add this as a feature. While I'd love to see a Tixati remote app of your own devising to accomplish this, there are several pre-existing free remote clients it could work with.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,
Rogue Ogre
by Guest on 2020/09/03 09:28:07 PM    
by Guest on 2021/03/01 07:28:24 PM    
chrome?
by Guest on 2021/03/02 05:53:31 PM    
I dont know if have some extension for Chrome, I dont like Chrome, I dont use it, is a closed source browser and owned by Google, a very intrusive company, with a lot of issues related with privacy, to me Chrome is just hype, so I use Firefox, open source, secure, with a lot of history and credibility, the best extensions ever, even today, I think is the best browser available. Try it, you can even have your Remote Access Feature as a extesion, imagine it, in Chrome you cant,  :D, like Tixati is the most advanced bittorrent client, Firefox is the most advanced browser.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server