Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Bug 2.74 - edge file missing and scheduler

by Radish on 2020/08/09 12:54:05 PM    
I had three video files that I had 'fully' downloaded, with a caveat. The caveat is that for two of the videos I didn't download the jpg image files (both very small) with the videos -- I have no need of the jpg files. (The third video was only one single file so I really did have that one 100% complete.) Once I had the downloading done I shutdown Tixati, my intention being to do the seeding of the videos overnight. Note that Tixati, I would suppose incorrectly, said that I had 100% of the download for all three of the videos(incorrect because I had skipped the jpg files for two of the videos).

I set up the scheduler to do the seeding overnight using these conditions:

1) Start all transfers
2) Shutdown when all transfers complete

When I got up the morning I found that my computer had shutdown so I thought that would mean that all the seeding had been done. However, on checking in Tixati I found that the seeding for the video that really was 'complete' had been completed but no seeding had been done at all for the other two transfers. There was no visual information on what had went wrong. So I clicked around a bit and decided to (test) try starting the seeding manually. What happened then was that for both videos I got an error message saying, "edge file missing (force check to override)". Evidently this was what caused the scheduler's overnight seeding to fail. I then did a force recheck and (manually started) seeding, the seeding started without problems. However, when the force check was done Tixati did report that I had 99% of the files of the complete download. Bit strange, because the jpg files are tiny in size and certainly don't constitute 1% of the download.

In any case you can see the issues here:

1) Not downloading all files of a torrent causes the scheduler to fail to start transfers (I assume because of the 'error' condition triggered). So the scheduler needs to take account of the fact that the user didn't download all of the files of a transfer and that, as far as the user is concerned, this might actually be fine.

2) If files are skipped for any given transfer then Tixati doesn't report the correct percentage of the files actually downloaded.

In all this just seems to buggy behaviour on the part of Tixati that needs some attention.

Hope this helps.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server