Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati for ARM? Is it possible?

by Guest on 2020/08/09 09:09:00 AM    
Hello,
I want to install Tixati on my Raspberry Pi, which is ARM architecture. Despite wide range support for Linux, I couldn't find Tixati for ARM. That's sad. Because an ARM computer take less power, which makes it as a top candidate for running torrent. That makes me thought, an ARM edtion would be very welcome, don't you guy think so?

(I do not intend to use other clients. Tixati's just simply too good to be replaced.)
by Guest on 2020/08/13 09:54:57 AM    
With the source code, it should be possible as long as there aren't any weird dependencies that won't work on ARM. Will it happen? I don't think so but if it did, I would be surprised. There are also lesser known alternatives to the RaspberryPi that use x86 instead of ARM. I won't mention them on here but I'm sure you can find them.

You could try QEMU emulating x86 but that's going to be slow and probably not worth the trouble. https://www.novaspirit.com/2019/04/15/run-x86-arm/
by Guest on 2022/09/22 09:35:00 PM    
I can see same reply to this message on ARM PI for 2020...than when was asked for in 2016.  Can you guys make this happen or not...just gonna give the same reply???  PI3 use less power have a GB port and can run headless with a HDD/SSD attached for downloads..so why n make an ARM install edition o your software?
by Guest on 2023/07/02 03:12:08 AM    
kindly requested.
trying to install to Synology DS220j - no luck, " The requested image's platform (linux/amd64) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm64/v8) and no specific platform was requested"

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server