Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Upload Limit Per Torrent

by Guest on 2014/04/22 10:52:47 PM    
Hello Everyone,

I am having a nightmare trying to figure out how Tixati settings work, something that should be super simple is apparently very complicated.

I know how to set global upload limit in the bandwidth tab, and there is a setting per torrent for upload speed, however it does absolutely nothing!

I have one torrent I want to have unlimited bandwidth for seeding, and the rest of the torrents should be limited. How do I accomplish this?

Thank you.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/04/24 11:30:45 AM    
Someone can please correct me if I am wrong, but..

First things is the global limit has to be set properly, under your actual rate. If it is not, then settings for individual file rates will not be active.

Once the global limit is set to a level of 80% or so of your actual UL bw capacity..if your UL is not flatlined at the level you set for this limit, then regulation of individual torrents will not take affect.

Right-click on a torrent --> Bandwidth -->  and set the 3 outgoing options to suit your needs, i.e. for the one(s) you want to favor:

Outgoing Limit = no limit
outgoing priority group = ultra high (this is the most critical/useful for your purpose)
outgoing peer allowance = 10x

I just tested with a file in demand

my global limit is set to 192 KiB/s
The file when set to normal was getting about 15 KiB/s (I am seeding 383 files)
When I set priority to ultra high the UL for this torrent grabbed 175KiB/s, which is 90% of the total available UL bw (None other got even .5 KiB/s)
Then I turned priority back to "normal" and set outgoing peer allowance to 10x the bw for this one jumped from 15 to 65 KiB/s, about 1/3 of the global limit

Seems like the ultra high priority setting will do what you want, assuming your conne3ction can put out at the level you set the limit to and the demand for the torrents exists and the downloaders can saturate your BW.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server