Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Crashing after a few minutes/in the first minute

by Guest on 2020/05/31 04:43:16 PM    
My Tixati started regulary crashing with no real changes on my system out of nowhere. When it freezes, i cant stop it at all (kill proces/process tree both dont have an effect), only a restart solves that issue.

I tried deleting the Torrents i had running and only try one at a time, after that didnt work i attempted to install the latest version.

Now i wiped everything related to Tixati from my pc and tried setting it up again, it already freezes before i can even add a torrent, specifically atm when i tried to set the speed limits.

The Error Reporter only returns "Failed to write dump file, error 0x8007012b".

I have Windows 7 and 16gb of Ram (maybe 20-30% was used while testing all of this)

Thanks in advance for the help.
by Guest on 2020/05/31 10:39:42 PM    
what version of tixati?

are you getting error reports? if so send them in. that is the best way to get things fixed.

When it freezes, i cant stop it at all (kill proces/process tree both dont have an effect), only a restart solves that issue.
do you mean restart the computer?

have you put on any new updates to windows?
by Guest on 2020/06/01 02:32:56 AM    
I updated to the latest version of tixati (7.2.3?).

Where'd i find error reports? as i said using the error reporter only returns the error and the tixati install folder only has the 4 files it had since i reinstalled it (previous one only had 4 files as well). Windows search only gives me AppHang in WER directories, are those useful for finding the issue? A quick glance looks kinda worthless "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows." is the only information i can extract out of it, besides the loaded modules maybe

Yes restart of the pc.

I mean, though win7 isnt supported anymore, it should be at the latest set of updates the had for it (KB890830)

I must admit i had that issue once, like a month? ago, but just thought it was a random crash and just tried  using tixati again today for the first time since then, so it might've been an "older" update
by Guest on 2020/06/12 03:01:31 AM    
The Error Reporter only returns "Failed to write dump file, error 0x8007012b".
You can use the Task Manager yourself to create a dump file. It'd only be useful for the Tixati developer and you should then take a caution to not load any private stuff at the time of creation (it saves all Tixati process memory)

I mean, though win7 isnt supported anymore, it should be at the latest set of updates the had for it (KB890830)
As we established here the last updates (intentionally or not) broke a lot of stuff including Tixati (crashes). For myself I'm running without most of the recent Windows 7 updates absolutely without issues (albeit in a controlled secure network environment, caution and a working brain are advantageous). Apart from that Windows 7 is fine don't be misled by marketing.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server