Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Request - Option to auto Force Check after a download mo

by Guest on 2020/05/03 03:37:08 AM    
Hello,

Currently Using Win7, Tixati 2.73

I have my Tixati set up to my C drive.

I have mapped a drive to a NAS. Call this my Z Drive.

When a download completes, Tixati will auto move completed downloads to Z drive.

However is there an option to force recheck the download once it has been moved elsewhere? So the file integrity is always 100.00% fine.

This means the operation will always have completed successfully; If not I would hope Tixati would repair it downloading any broken pieces again.

Thanks
by Guest on 2024/04/27 11:21:11 PM    
is there an option to auto check downloads after completion?

I am finding so mnay files partial completed around 98%-99% when I recheck manually, even though it says it has 100% downloaded.
by Guest on 2024/04/28 05:24:38 AM    
Look in Settings-Transfers-Files
at the bottom is an option for 'Redundant hash-check on complete'
by Guest on 2024/04/30 09:46:09 AM    
Ok ta

Whats the difference btw redundant hash check on completion of file and transfers
by TixMan on 2024/06/13 07:48:50 PM    
I also have interest in learning about the redundant hash check, and what it's actually doing?
by Guest on 2024/06/16 04:56:25 PM    
Torrent file has hashes for each data piece. When client receives it in full from peers, it can check the hash to find out whether data is correct (with some very very high probability). Then is can save it to specified file (or files). Theoretically, nothing should change afterwards, so no more checks are needed, as other pieces are processed independently. However, if disk has errors, or other programs automatically do something to those files, data may become mismatched or deleted. I suppose extra check of all pieces at download finish can be used as an early warning to the user that something has happened in background, and there's need to figure it, and probably configure the system differently.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server