Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Updates?

by Guest on 2014/04/18 05:13:25 AM    
Hey, just curious if Tixati is still being updated?  It runs great, and I love it.  I jumped ship from uTorrent due to all the crappy changes they've made, but some changes are better than zero changes.  

I love Tixati!
by Guest on 2014/04/19 11:29:31 PM    
(rant>
As is, I think tixati is both superior and unique. Having 'perfectionists' tendencies, I can create a not-so-short list of dream features and some quirky/buggy behavior.. but I know enough about programming that it is no small task to author and maintain something as sophisticated as tixati. Time may not really be money, but we are each only given a finite number of grains of sand in the hour glass. Whatever time the developer or 'team' is able to allocate out of their lives to this, I appreciate and respect.  I have never understood the 'business model' that so many freeware developers use except that in many cases it seems not to be about business, making a monetary profit but about contributing pro bono, for the good of all. I honor and encourage that have sent a token for a cup of coffee or mugs of beer to keep them hydrated.
</rant>

That said, I am secretly hoping we'll get a new release on the anniversary of the last...what was it?  May 28 :)

And note on that last release, it came a mere 18 days after the previous one, after some significant bugs were confirmed repeatable. They fixed issues that concerned me so i will not fault them for taking a sabbatical of sorts :).

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server