Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Seeding Optimizations?

by Guest on 2020/04/15 11:35:54 PM    
Anyone have any seeding tips to maximize the efficiency of seeding? Like many more saving and sharing of connected peers?

Or if you are the initial seeder and there are no other seeds prioritize the peers with the LEAST downloaded to make the ones that have more of the data share more.

Most importantly for me though is reducing HDD usage. Is there anyway to increase the amount of cache used to reduce HDD usage? I have 1000+ torrents and my (6) HDDs are going nuts. I have plenty of free ram for Tixati to use (24GB+). Just wished it would use more to reduce the constant accessing of HDDs.

Thanks in advance. I've tried all other torrent software and Tixati is the best!
by Guest on 2020/04/16 03:59:23 AM    
Most importantly for me though is reducing HDD usage. Is there anyway to increase the amount of cache used to reduce HDD usage? I have 1000+ torrents and my (6) HDDs are going nuts. I have plenty of free ram for Tixati to use (24GB+). Just wished it would use more to reduce the constant accessing of HDDs.

you could try going to Settings->Transfers->Files and set the 'Peer read caching' up to 8MB blocks.
by notaLamer on 2020/04/16 05:19:18 PM    
Or if you are the initial seeder and there are no other seeds prioritize the peers with the LEAST downloaded to make the ones that have more of the data share more.
That's called SuperSeeding. Only share pieces that are missing from all known peers.

I have 1000+ torrents and my (6) HDDs are going nuts.
The data on the HDDs is probably very fragmented. Thank both Windows-NTFS and Tixati for not properly allocating the files (in all modes). (TODO: Report the allocation issues with Tixati)

I have plenty of free ram for Tixati to use (24GB+). Just wished it would use more to reduce the constant accessing of HDDs.
Your OS does that. However very poorly, afaik it will only keep cache in unused memory of the previously read pieces. The torrent usually never accesses already read information as the peers go on and request other missing pieces. I think this is really only to be solved by the torrent client itself. In essence Tixati should force seeding of recently read pieces off HDD to other peers. Basically read once and force more than 1 peer to download. That's hard to implement (but maybe the dev would be more inclined to work on Tixati in general if you donated ;)

I settled on 4MB blocks after some software monitoring and acoustical evaluation. The software monitoring wasnt entirely exact so I will repeat that in the future and post the results when ready.
by Guest on 2020/04/17 12:11:24 PM    
I've started the defrag which is going to take many hours. I'll set it to 4MB. I'll let you guys know if things change.

I would gladly donate if it wasn't for my current situation. (moved to a new country and then the damn coronavirus hit!)
by Guest on 2020/04/18 08:39:54 PM    
Feature request: Right-click -> Load this torrent to memory under the SuperSeed checkbox.
by Guest on 2020/04/19 08:18:48 PM    
After many hours of defrag and setting it to 4mb peer read caching and it does sound better than before.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server