Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Limit number of peers I'm connected to?

by Raging_Flames on 2020/04/15 06:36:40 AM    
I was recently informed that my network problems may be due to me seeding 200+ torrents at the same time. They said being connected to all those peers could put strain on my network and would explain why my computer (and others on the network) occasionally blip off the internet. So I was wondering if there was a way to limit the number of peers I'm connected to. I would like, if possible, to be able to seed as many torrents as possible, but limit the number of people I'm connected to.
by notaLamer on 2020/04/16 05:38:42 PM    
Have you checked out the settings? Settings>Transfers>General & Network>Connections.
What you instead should do is configure the AutoLimit so it doesn't overload the network by seeding with 100% of available bandwidth.
by Guest on 2020/04/16 06:09:27 PM    
This question was asked before. I'm going to quote what Pete has said:

I think there should be global maximum connections limit. This option isn't available in Tixati. It won't solve your issue completely but should help.

With 100 torrents and 150 maximum connections you will be uploading like in 2). At average there will be 1.5 connection for each torrent - not a good idea. Fortunately Tixati can prioritize upload bandwidth for downloads (that means upload for the means of trading when downloading). You can set this in: Bandwidth View > Advanced > Outgoing Seeding/Trading %, however default setting is OK.

For now I suggest to set different number of connections for downloads and uploads. Try setting 50 connections for downloads and 20 for uploads. Configure slots accordingly so you won't get too many connections at the same time. The rest of transfers will wait in a queue. I would also recommend to use automatic slot management (Settings > General > Auto-manage slots).
by Pete on 2020/04/16 09:19:50 PM    
There's no global connections limit. You can set lower peers limit for seeding transfers. I'd also suggest queuing and using the Auto-manage slots for uploads. This will rotate seeding transfers so that the most available will wait while under seeded will run.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server