Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Undo a deleted category in Tixati

by loninappleton on 2020/02/24 07:07:48 PM    
I'm a long time user and ran into a problem today.

I accidentally hit the minus delete button which is right below categories.

Is there any undo for this?

Second request would be that when the delete category button is activated for any
reason, a confirming bubble delete y/n be added to the program for categories.

What I will do is retrieve a config file made recently and see if that
gets my category back.
by Pete on 2020/02/25 08:29:02 PM    
As far as I know, the only way to restore deleted Category is from a backup.
by loninappleton on 2020/02/26 05:52:42 AM    
Yes I'm pretty good at making config backups.  I was able to recover and redo missing
torrent entries.

Can you say how those tixati config backups are set up in scheduler?  Since there is
no undo or error check dialog (renewing my request for one on this) it would have
to be scheduled daily.  I sure did find out how easy it was to make the error and
had to retrace my steps even then it happened so quickly.
by Pete on 2020/02/27 09:45:58 PM    
It is quite easy. Make a daily schedule, add as action: Settings > Backup All Config Files. That's it. There's no backup location setting there, Tixati seems to use last manual backup location. Of course you have to enable the Scheduler first.
by loninappleton on 2020/02/29 07:45:17 PM    
ok I'll give it a whirl
by loninappleton on 2020/02/29 07:58:28 PM    
About that error notification suggestion earlier in this.  Do I have to make a formal
feature request as others show in the subject?  Easy enough to do, I just don't know if it's necessary to do more lobbying.  Also how would I locate it if added in those
update / bugfix lists?
by loninappleton on 2020/02/29 10:09:32 PM    
I'm not getting how to schedule the config.

I open Settings > Scheduler >  Turn On button > then there is a couple options in Context Menus none of which say 'config'

What am I missing?  Please give this in steps to follow.
by chipinoz on 2020/08/17 05:13:44 PM    
@loninappleton - Guess you probably figured it out now, but once you've activate the Scheduler feature from Settings --> Scheduler you should see a clock icon in the top row of the Tixati window (between DHT and Settings). That's your scheduler module.

Did you ever manage to restore categories from a backup??  Every time I've imported configuration from a backup the categories were missing and I've had to re-create them manually.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server