Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati banned by private tracker for "incorrect reportings"

by Raging_Flames on 2019/12/01 06:57:10 PM    
Is there any truth to this and if there is are there any steps being taken to fix this? To quote exactly what was said, the private tracker claims

"These clients do not report correctly to the tracker when canceling/finishing a torrent session.
If you use them then a few MB may not be counted towards the stats near the end, and torrents may still be listed in your profile for some time after you have closed the client."

There are quite a few torrent clients listed in the list, but the only one I recognize (and use) is tixati. Its kind of a pain having to use different software for a private tracker, so I just wanted to know if these claims were valid before I start asking about lifting the ban.
by Mikedge440 on 2019/12/10 09:54:45 PM    
I would also like an answer to this question. Seeing the length of time your post has gone unanswered is a bit discouraging. TBH I have yet to see Tixati on the approved list of any tracker I associate with, I mean it will work for the most part but it would be nice to see it appear somewhere other then in "Some tracker site> Forums > Is the client allowed or not"
by Guest on 2019/12/13 09:08:06 AM    
I think there were issues with Tixati and private trackers, but those have been fixed. Most private trackers don't like tixati because it can spoof being other (white listed) clients.

Look here to change your PeerID (scroll down to the peers section):
https://support.tixati.com/transfer%20properties%20-%20options
by Guest on 2019/12/16 02:59:33 PM    
Most private trackers don't like Tixati because it can spoof being other (white listed) clients.
We whitelisted Tixati since v2.58 and didn't have any problem with it.
"It can do client spoofing" is a dumb argument. Deluge can spoof other clients with a command line switch, or with the ltConfig plugin since 2013. And it does it with more ease (Tixati requires setting the peer id per torrent, while with Deluge the setting is global.) Also, as Tixati is whitelisted, there is no point for using the spoofing feature on our tracker.

+1 reason we whitelisted Tixati: people use public torrents too. And when DHT is turned on, both uTorrent and qBittorrent (the older and the most recent versions too) broadcast the "private" torrents. Tixati doesn't.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server