Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[SUGGESTION] SSS implementation (Separate Stream Share)

by Guest on 2019/10/28 12:06:39 PM    
Hi everyone, this is an old idea from eMule ages in order to obtain faster movies downloads worldwide.

Since the "de facto" standard is MKV, it should be easy to let users to download - and, of course, share - only certain streams inside files (for example the video one), exactly as is possible to select only certain files inside a torrent.

This could help to maximize download speeds, optimize the bandwidth and prolong the torrents' life.

Hope that inspires !

Marco Ravich
by Guest on 2019/10/29 02:36:28 PM    
I don't understand this technology, but maybe very useful download audio track selectively, for instance in Dual Audio videos, I can download just one track an artist? For instance the user can set the language he want, and tixate download just it.
by Guest on 2019/10/29 05:31:04 PM    
It can be very good, some times you have an Dual Audio 5.1 or 6.1, if tixati download automatically only user preferred language track for all mkv, it can save a lot of data and time. I think it haven't any affect in the network, because most users use utorrent, which don't have this feature, so, only tixati users can have this benefit.
by Guest on 2022/07/22 12:55:29 AM    
Yep! I like it! You would also know if has embedded subtitles for your language before start downloading, and SSS will be added to auto select files window too, to set what audio stream you want to download by default.
by notaLamer on 2022/07/22 05:30:39 PM    
This is not how Bittorrent works and not how Bittorrent v2 will work.
BT can either download an entire BLOCK of data (a piece) or NONE at all. Your suggestion is an idea for Fopnu/DarkMX.
by Guest on 2022/07/23 06:49:47 PM    
I don't known but the idea of our friend seem possible and is a nice idea. If Tixati can download the mp4 or mkv index, downloading the start and the tail, then Tixati  will know the location or region of the audio streams, then Tixati will download only the selected audio streams or regions, I think this will work well in the end. This will be great because now have many HUGE movies files with two audio streams and many channels each, and this idea will save so much bandwidth and time for sure. In some countries you only have dual audio 5.1 as download option, is a standard in this countries, the file size is ridiculous big, is HUGE, don't has the option with just your native language audio. Then you need download english stream for nothing. If I want download the movie with english audio, I go directly to YTS or TPB, the dual audio with multiple channels standard is a very idiot idea, and this suggestions would be great for sure.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server