Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Can't upgrade from version 2.6.1 to 2.6.2-1

by Guest on 2019/08/27 03:21:41 PM    
Hi everyone,

Anyone else having a problem upgrading to use the new 2.6.2-1 version? I am running 2.6.1 and when I try to install version 2.6.2-1 I get an error message "C:\Program Files\taxati\taxati.exe.bz2 Access is denied. You may need to restart your computer.

I have restated several times and get the same message
by Guest on 2019/08/28 11:00:36 AM    
what OS?

did you download the file from the tixati website?

here is a link to the Tixati Portable Edition in .tar.bz2

https://download2.tixati.com/download/tixati-2.62-1.portable.tar.bz2
by Guest on 2019/08/28 11:51:43 PM    
Windows 10 Home Edition and updates are up to date.

Yes Tixati notifies me of an update when released and I download it from the Taxati website.

I used the portable exe file you sent and it downloaded 2.6.2 version on my desktop. I still couldn't get the regular upgrade process to update it but just saved the version of 2.6.2 as the new Taxati but it seems to download real slow like 2.5Kb/s.

Might have to go back to 2.6.1
by Guest on 2019/08/29 05:06:02 AM    
what file were you getting 'access denied' on?

what downloaded very slow?

you do not install the portable version, you have to move the 5 files you just downloaded into your 'tixati portable' folder to replace the ones that are in there now.
by Guest on 2019/08/29 06:53:54 PM    
This is the error message, "C:\Program Files\taxati\taxati.exe.bz2 Access is denied" so I assume it is the taxati.exe.bz2 file that the download process is being denied access to

The torrents downloaded very slowly but I noticed when I leave Tixati on the "Home" tab the torrent downloading rate is between 300 KB/s to 900 KB/s and when I leave Tixati on the "Transfers" tab the downloading rate slows down to 50KB/S to 150KB/s. I didn't see that difference before.

I don't see a 'tixati portable' folder, in the Program Files folder there is a tixati folder that contains 5 files, "errorreporter.exe", "licence.txt", "tixati.exe", and an "uninstall.exe" folder.  

When I executed the tixati.com/download/tixati-2.62-1.portable.tar.bz2 file yesterday the software went to version 2.6.2 but I see today the 4 files in the tixati folder haven't been updated since 5/5/2019.

Thank you for your help and patience!!!!
by Guest on 2019/08/30 06:30:33 AM    
there should not be any file named 'taxati.exe.bz2'

here is a link to the windows 64bit version. run this and tixati should install and update properly:

https://download1.tixati.com/download/tixati-2.62-1.win64-install.exe

The torrents downloaded very slowly but I noticed when I leave Tixati on the "Home" tab the torrent downloading rate is between 300 KB/s to 900 KB/s and when I leave Tixati on the "Transfers" tab the downloading rate slows down to 50KB/S to 150KB/s. I didn't see that difference before.

how many torrents in total?
how many are running?
are you in any channels?

press the help menu button and go to diagnostics-cpu usage and run the all graph.

now let the program run while you are on the home tab. once it is steady for a bit switch to the transfers tab and let it run for a bit.

which ever section increases during this time, run that graph.

upload the pics of those graphs somewhere and post links here to them.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server