Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati won't shut down on Fedora 30

by crazymonkey on 2019/08/15 10:25:54 PM    
I'm trying to use Tixati on Fedora 30, but Tixati Client will not shut down. I'm selecting Quit from Tixati menu, but Tixati continues to run. Selecting quit only minimizes Tixati.

I noticed that GTK2 library was one of dependencies Tixati has. It was not installed on my system when I installed Tixati. I tried to install GTK on Fedora for many hours with no luck! I was hoping Tixati's installer might install GTK for me, but it didn't. I installed Transmission from Fedora software depositories, and it seems to have installed GTK libraries 1, 2, & 3 for me, but i'm not sure. After I installed Transmission I ran the command ldconfig -p | grep gtk, and it list library entries for gtk 1, 2, & 3 now, but i'm not sure it installed the full library needed (which is GTK2).

Does anyone think the problem with Tixati failing to shutdown is being caused by a GTK library dependency issue, or is there another more likely explanation for this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to install GTK. I'm not that great with Linux yet.
by Guest on 2019/08/18 10:27:54 PM    
after installing the GTk2 libraries is tixati exiting properly?

are you pressing the x in the upper right corner to close the program?
if so, make sure the default setting for that is to close the program, not minimize it.
look at settings-user interface-behavior to see what it is set to.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server