Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Basic Terminology and procedures

by tweybrew on 2019/08/11 06:19:42 PM    
As a new user, I'm am still learning to use Tixati. I have run into some things that I don't understand and I could use some explanations. I recently got a popup window saying "out of memory"...what memory does that mean and what am I supposed to do? What does "checking" a download mean, exactly? For instance when an item is colored red and there is a notation showing an override to force check. What is happening and what do I do? What is the blue and white stiped icon to the left of the download progress bar? And what do the different colors of each line item (black, blue, red, brown) mean?

Most of all, isn't there a comprehensive "user guide (for Dummies!)" available for download? Thanks for any help to this rookie user.
by Snipe on 2019/08/16 06:20:44 AM    
Don't expect quality support for something you don't pay for.  I will try answer an many questions as I can.

blue and white stiped icon to the left of the download progress bar:
I think what you are referring to is the icon that shows if you are downloading only part of a torrent.  If you select 1 or more of a given torrents files and set them to NOT download  then you will get this icon. This indicates you have not/will not be downloading the full torrent.

when an item is colored red and there is a notation showing an override to force check:
This can happen for a few reasons.  The reason is normally noted down next to where it says force check to override. For example, if you download a torrent then manually move the folder Tixati won't be able to find where you moved the file too.  This could induce the problem you referred to.

To force check, right click an upload -> Local Files -> Force Check.  What this does is it tells Tixati to recheck the the torrent to make sure check how much of a file is currently on disk.

checking:
Tixati checks to see if the file is present and complete.

out of memory
Sounds like an issue with not enough memory. Can't really comment. Do you have a small amount of RAM?  Do you have a lot of other apps running in the background?
by Pete on 2019/08/16 10:12:05 AM    
I think you should start by reading Optimize and Help & Support sections. Some of your questions have been already answered on this forum, use search. There is also a lengthy article about Bittorrent on Wikipedia.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server