Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati v2.61

by Guest on 2019/06/14 06:40:59 PM    
Just wanted to say thanks for v2.61 and tell a short story.

A few months ago I noticed Tixati v2.55 was suddenly not able to torrent... basically anything. It randomly started happening one day; nothing had changed for weeks. Maybe one peer would connect and that was it. I also noticed my own IP address was in the peer list for several torrents. Is that normal? I'm not a torrent expert, so I have no idea.

Being a tech guy I set to all the usual checks. Not a single problem! How weird. Since corruption can sometimes sod things up without throwing errors; I tried reinstalling Tixati, installing other torrent programs like uTorrent, reinstalling the network drivers, re-configuring the router, disabling the various firewalls, checking the port and connection mapping, yotta totta. Nothing worked. No matter what config I selected it was always blocked. I did notice the log said "no UPNP services on network" which was weird since I had that enabled. Not having any more time due to work... I decided to ignore the problem.

I installed Tixati v2.61 yesterday. It still shows all the same errors but *does* properly connect to the port! Sweet. I hadn't been able to make any software work until now. Again, thank you!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server