Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Suggestion

by Guest on 2019/05/27 06:25:18 AM    
Hello Folks @ Tixati.

I've used your software for some time now and I will donate to this software once I am in a position to do so. I just want to say that Tixati RockS! and

It would be nice if there were a feature with the program where it'll download your file while DISPLAY:Choose folder.location to save Torrent. (ie, download in the background).

I know this would necessitate the use of some tmp folder which may/may not go against the approach of Tixati to its software, but I think it would actually work to save Downloader's times.

TY.
Thanks in any case <3
Peace
by Bugmagnet on 2019/06/05 04:28:10 PM    
Tixati is quite sophisticated in it ability to store files in specific locations.

You can set a default DL location with Settings/Transfers/Locations/Default Download Location
Then you can set a final location to seed completed torrent from and tixati will automatically move it there on completion.

in addition to these basic functions, Tixati provides tagging the torrent with a category and each category can have its own download and seeding folders.

Since almost any download takes several minutes/hours or even days, the initial few seconds needed to chose a download location or assign a category is insignificant in comparison. If you have preset the default location, tixati starts downloading as soon as the torrent starts and finds peers. The process of finding peers takes much longer than selecting a download folder.

Am I missing or not understanding something here?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server