Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[UI feature request] Auto-shutdown notification

by Guest on 2019/05/06 05:29:23 PM    
Greetings, I love using Tixati for my torrenting needs. It is a great software without huge memory footprint. You know what is funny about this? When I was using Tixati, it felt like I used it before. Then I realized it look like WinMX. Wow, what a huge nostalgia for me. Anyway, I get back to the point.

The Auto-shutdown is a great feature with ‘Persist After Restart’ option. It needs a little finetuning if it possible. Display a warning that it is shutting down due to auto-shutdown feature and force the window itself to be on the front of main Tixati window. Or use Windows notification center to warn.

Often, I will not use Tixati for a while then when I came back and trying to open Tixati (up to 4 weeks). It kept closing itself and I was confused why it kept doing that. I look at Tixati logs, Event Viewer, and different crashing report to figure out why Tixati kept closing itself a minute after I open Tixati. I thought it was a torrent problem. Any logs are not revealing the issue, then I checked the auto-shutdown. I realized I have it enabled with persist feature. It took me an hour to trying to find out why it kept doing that. The feature itself is great, however it needs a warning to let the user know that it is shutting down. It will help to avoid looking what is the problems. And I have memory retention issue, displaying the warning that it will shutdown in less than a min accordingly to setting of auto-shutdown will allow me to have the time to turn it off.

If you can add it, that will be great. Thank you for the amazing software!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server