Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Show Peers in New Torrent Prompt

by Guest on 2019/04/21 05:50:05 PM    
Add feature to show Peers in New Torrent Prompt, Seed and Leechers, is useful to see the Health of torrent an to decide if you try download or delete,
by Bugmagnet on 2019/04/21 10:34:49 PM    
scanning trackers and DHT takes several minutes. Are you prepared to wait for half an hour to decide whether to add a torrent? And in some cases, seeds do not become available for months, or even years if it is an obscure rare torrent.
by Guest on 2019/04/22 02:55:33 PM    
I agree with you, this feature to show seed and peers in the prompt maybe useful to add popular things like movies, sometime have 3 magnets to the same movie in different resolutions etc, one very good two almost dead, when an torrent have many seeds the scanning is very fast, then in this cases you can exclude easily dead torrents and add another magnet. If the torrent is rare like you said, I agree, then I can just ignore the health status, this health status maybe optional in settings, disabled by default.
by Bugmagnet on 2019/04/22 05:48:03 PM    
i tend to just add torrents freely.

Then I monitor what's going on. Once I see which are seeded, I can just delete the others unless it is something rare and special, then I'll let it ride. I currently have about 200 torrents not being seeded, some dating back to 2013, about the time i think I built this computer and installed tixati. Dozens are 90-99% complete...waiting... Occasionally a seed will come along and feed me.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server