Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Quirks observed - changing user level in channel

by Bugmagnet on 2019/04/10 04:41:56 PM    
I have a user in 2 channels I "own", currently with assigned level "Trusted"

I have been trying to raise their level to VIP for several days. but they never were elevated in either channel.

The mouse-over on their nick shows:
Level: trusted
Recommended level: vip

I set the user to normal and that took effect.

Then I did /clearbans and /clearlocalbans and they reverted back to trusted

I reset them to normal and that took effect. Then I set them to vip. They were elevated to trusted, but not vip.

did /clearbans and /clearlocalbans and no change.

reset user to normal and that took effect.

did /clearbans and this user reverted to trusted.

tried again to elevate that level to vip but it wouldn't work... remains trusted level.

I tried /removeban on both user ID and ban ID but the entry remains on the ban list

On the level list, this user is recommended level vip

I had one other user at trusted level which i wanted to raise to vip and that failed also.

Most of the time my level changes work well, so clueless what is preventing level updates on these 2
by Bugmagnet on 2019/04/10 05:47:29 PM    
an update since the edit time expired...

In another much smaller channel, this same user was set to trusted. I tried to raise that to VIP and it failed to take effect.

However, in a 4th channel this user was normal level. When I set them to vip there, it worked.

I change user levels often, based on the number of files/links they advertise/share. And most of the time it works as expected. I raise many people in the same channels from trusted to vip without a glitch.

So I haven't a clue why at the moment, these 2 users can't be assigned vip level in certain channels.
by Bugmagnet on 2019/04/11 12:50:06 AM    
further update:

I have a 2nd client at another location that is co-owner of my channels.

I changed user levels on these 2 users and it took effect.

They are both now vip

Why I couldn't get that to work from my main system remains most mysterious to me

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server