Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Unify Sequential and Front Back First

by Guest on 2019/04/09 11:25:51 PM    
Need unify options Sequential and Front Back First, anyone need only Front Back First, why use it alone? To streaming an movie with an cut every 2 second? If you use Front Back First you automatically want Sequential too. Then can add both together.
by Guest on 2019/04/09 11:28:43 PM    
or add an option to change both if user want, is an pain set both every time
by Bugmagnet on 2019/04/10 01:39:38 AM    
There are numerous posts about sequential downloading.

It is generally accepted that this is detrimental to the swarm and inconsistent with the purpose of the bit torrent protocol.

for reference:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sequential+site%3Atixati.com&ia=web
by Guest on 2019/04/12 11:21:41 PM    
I know it, but today have many Bittorrent Streaming Players which use this enabled ever, and each day have an new player , and this not kill the torrent protocol anyone know which uTorrent is the dominant client, and have many users using leecher clients which is much more evil for protocol, and the last, the Sequential feature is the main Tixate feature, without it why not use qBittorrent? In this case Tixiti have almost any real advantage for most users. I think if developers don't want add an setting to use it by default, then at least add buttons on "new torrent prompt" and in "file tab" to "Sequential and Front Back First and Ordered". This is another suggestion, keep all buttons in "file tab" not just in "new torrent prompt", to decrease use of context menu. Many users, ever enable Sequential and Front Back First and Ordered,  every day to Movies and Series, if developer do not add default setting, do not help protocol, just add more clicks for users... I enable anyway, every day, every time, the diference is the click number. Then Tixati is an nich client, why not think in the user needs?
by Guest on 2019/04/13 01:14:02 AM    
I think which anyone use just "Front Back First" is ever both " Sequential and Front Back First " together, then unify both, and add two new buttons first "Sequential + Front Back First" and second button "Ordered". And keep all buttons in Files Tab and in New Torrent Prompt. Is an good solution, for protocol is same thing as today Tixati is, but for user is less clicks
by Guest on 2019/04/13 01:55:00 AM    
buttons is more easy to use than context menu
by Guest on 2019/04/16 04:50:03 PM    
Why do you want Front and Back? Why is Back needed?

I only use Sequential when I want to watch a file as it is downloading. Dont need the Back.
by BRMateus2 on 2019/04/19 06:00:25 AM    
There are many files which need the header AND the final bit's to be minimally readable - such files are mostly heavily compressed videos, where having only the head does not work.

As for the feature, I have no opinion.
by Guest on 2019/04/20 08:02:01 PM    
I use the Sequential feature usually for mkv files. Havent needed the Back part to see them.
by Guest on 2019/04/21 05:42:04 PM    
To me just Sequential almost ever don't work, you is an exception, almost ever for everyone I know, need Sequential + Front Back, then is useful unify both.
by Guest on 2019/04/22 04:02:11 PM    
Dont agree with unifying them.

Some people only need Sequential. You can use both options if you need to.
by Guest on 2021/05/17 11:13:49 AM    
Front and back option is extremely important along with sequential feature. We all want to have back this feature . It was available previously
by Guest on 2021/05/17 05:49:03 PM    
go to Settings->Transfers->Files
press the configure button to the right of 'Sequential download options'
there you can make different presets to do everything you want.

https://support.tixati.com/sequential_downloading
by Guest on 2022/05/02 05:49:26 AM    
I don't mind context menu and make multiple clicks. Would like to have, if possible, is after making selection from the context menu, to leave the context menu open so I can go back and select more things. I would dismiss the context menu when done with it.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server