Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Is there a way to skip file checking when importing torrents?

by Guest on 2019/04/02 03:57:52 AM    
Switching from qBittorrent (which I switched from a different one even before that) and have to import 500 torrents, it checking every single file, even though I already know they are all 100% correct, not only takes a seriously long time, it also eats a LOT of bandwidth, from a private tracker that tracks seeding ratios. In qBittorrent there is a file check skip that allows easy importing, is there any such feature with Tixati?
by Guest on 2019/04/02 06:05:49 PM    
I'm not sure if the option under Transfers->Files->Skip last-write time checks will help or not.  I do believe Tixati needs to check that the whole file is there otherwise how else is it meant to know if the file is complete or if it (Tixati) still needs to download more.

500 torrents shouldn't take that long.  I have around 1400~ and I consider it a small collection.  This doesn't take me that long.  

You could always stop the torrents and turn them on bit by bit.
by Guest on 2019/04/03 06:59:43 AM    
OP here.

It is a transfer of already seeding torrents to this client. The torrents are already downloaded, I only wish to continue seeding them, with this client instead. I know the files are all there, and correct. In qBittorrent, which I am switching from, there is an option when importing torrents to skip the file check and save lots of time, not sure why it would be an issue with this client when it isn't for another.

A bigger issue, other than waiting, is that Tixati will start downloading files WHILE checking them. Why the actual hell does it do this? It is CHECKING the files, it shouldn't be downloading, but it it is. There's tons of private trackers that kick people with low ratios, and it re-downloading files I already have downloaded, is really, really, REALLY annoying, and is ruining my upload ratio.
by Pete on 2019/04/03 06:02:30 PM    
it also eats a LOT of bandwidth, from a private tracker that tracks seeding ratios
It does not. Add torrents stopped, then hash check, then start. If they are all 100% complete Tixati shouldn't download anything (it can't when they are stopped).

As far as I know, there's no way to skip hash check up to v2.59.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server