Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Rename part of a file upon completion

by Galathorne on 2019/03/20 11:17:21 AM    
I am not gifted at scripting and need some help in setting up a rule to rename part of a file upon completion. The reason I need this is so that my external media player can scrape the title from the filename. Currently the media player cannot find the titles as the filenames are not recognised by the TVDB in its current form. Setting up the media player to recognise it is possible, but after many a day of googling I have concluded that this is a daunting task with many limitations, so that is not an option I want to further explore

My specific scenario is as follows:
- The file inside the torrent is named "[text] one two three - title - 01 [480p].mkv"
- I need it to be renamed to "[text] one two three - S03E01 [480p].mkv"
- In other words the file part "title - " need to be renamed to "S03E"
- This needs to be able to handle all episodes in the series, ie be applicable to multiple files

The file preferably needs to be accessible by Tixati for seeding after rename. I believe this would be a non-issue if done by a script from inside Tixati, but I may definitely be wrong.

I suppose you can see my lack of knowledge and as such, if anyone could assist I wil be eternally grateful.
by Guest on 2019/03/21 09:14:50 AM    
I am obviously missing something simple here but how do you run a script once a download is complete?

Other question.  Why not just rename the files to the correct format within Tixati?  I assume you have a lot of TV files and you are trying to automate the process.
by Bugmagnet on 2019/03/22 04:43:50 AM    
Guest.. the functionality to call scripts was added long ago. but the support page hasn't been updated for this feature.

Settings/Transfers/Files/ ---> File Completion Shell Commands ---> *EDIT*
by Guest on 2019/03/22 02:20:29 PM    
Well that is very handy indeed.
by Galathorne on 2019/04/18 02:00:41 AM    
I still haven't found a solution to this. Seems my post have been hijacked without giving an answer to my question. 😜

I have decided to a batch file inside the specific folder which will run the code, but I still need the cmd command for my windows system. Is there anyone out there who can assist? This is driving me nuts - I have spent the better part of two weeks googling and trying, but I simply cannot get anywhere.

PLEASE HELP KIND PEOPLE! 😁

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server