Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

channel infected with ghosts and other level change issues

by Guest on 2014/03/20 09:15:45 AM    
I set a second computer to be co-owner in a channel.
For testing, I later parted and deleted that channel from the 2nd computer.
I then re-added the channel and with a changed ID hash had the default level.
I changed back and forth a couple times from various levels to owner, by sharing the secret key.
Then after I finished testing, settled back in as co-owner with my primary system.

Now what I am observing is the ghosts of my testing keep appearing on the channel list, greyed out not green, and with the blue diamond of owner level. I have d them a dozen times but minutes later they reappear on the channel user list. I note from the mouse over these ghosts had some ID Issued 5 days ago and have about a week to expire.

I am jst curious why they keep reappearing after they are removed from the channel. I have removed them at the same time from both owner level clients I am using and they still keep coming back. SO what is going on? Why can't clients with owner status delete the records of former users?

In my testing, I also had issues where changing certain user levels were ignored. Sometimes I try to promote a user and it is ignored and other times I try to demote a user to a lower level and it is also ignored. I repeated the changes repeatedly from both owner accounts with similar results. Strangely when other users levels are changed about the same time, there is a prompt reaction and result. After that I tried on the problem users and again the level change attempt failed. After a few days, and dozens of attempts, the new level finally set for these resistant ones.  Very inconsistent behavior and I don't understand it so am a bit confused.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server