Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

I hate torrents

by JazzFan76 on 2018/12/24 06:44:41 AM    
I've been using torrents since my friend told me about them back in 2011. I used to use uTorrent and BitTorrent but I later found Tixati which I think is better. I am not computer savvy so I do not know how to do a lot on these torrent programs. I do get lucky and find a torrent that usually doesn't take long to download but sometimes, I will find one that either just doesn't work or take AGES to download. I am currently trying to download a torrent that unfortunately has one seeder, I think. It's a file I want really badly but no one's helping out. I tried looking on YouTube on how to resurrect dead torrents because I think this torrent might be a dead one. The torrent will download for a little while then have three question marks by them. I'll check and it'll state that the torrent was abandoned. Like I said before, I am not really good with understanding how to download these things so if there is a reply to this post, please don't think stupid of me...lol. I am just not that good with these things. Thank you for your time. Take care.
by Pete on 2018/12/24 11:30:14 PM    
The only way to resurrect a dead torrent by yourself is to download exactly the same files from somewhere else and seed it. If you can't do it, you should patiently wait to finish it and seed for as long as you can afterwards. You can also search for different torrent with same content or request for reupload on the site's forum.
by JazzFan76 on 2018/12/25 01:59:14 AM    
Hello Pete,
Thank you for the reply. The torrent made it up to 60% and just stopped. I couldn't get it going again so I just decided to scrap it altogether. Unfortunately, this torrent was the only one in English, there was another that had a foreign dialogue over the English dialogue so I just gave up.I am not good at this torrenting and I don't want to leave my computer on all day and night just to download a torrent. Anyway, thank you for the reply. have a good day.
by Pete on 2018/12/29 10:56:42 PM    
Sometimes I had to wait a couple of weeks to be able to finish a torrent. I would keep this torrent open for a month, maybe eventually a peer with 100% connects so everyone can finish. Some people seed only at weekends, patience is a virtue.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server