Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati in a Scoop package manager

by Guest on 2018/12/19 04:10:32 AM    
Hello, I have been trying to create a manifest for Tixati for the Scoop package manager, so Tixati can be installed and updated automatically from the command line. I use "tixati_portable_mode.txt" to switch Tixati to portable mode and make it save setting to the local folder.

However, Scoop needs persistent app data to either 1) exist during app install or 2) be in a subfolder. Tixati creates some .dat files on-the-fly, and puts them to the local folder (like autothrottle2.dat, bwpresets2.dat etc.), which breaks Scoop. I tried creating empty files in place of the .dat files during installation, but Tixati fails to load an empty .dat file.

Would it be possible to have an option to save .dat files to a subfolder instead? (For example, if a subfolder "settings" exists next to tixati.exe, save .dat and other generated files there.) If the files are in a subfolder, Scoop can be configured to just create a hard-link in place of that folder and so make it persist during app updates.

Thanks for consideration! For reference, here's the tixati.json manifest for Scoop I have now. It works with the exception of the persistent data. (Loses settings after update to a new version.)

code removed by mod
by Guest on 2019/11/09 10:10:23 PM    
Yeah I want that too.
by Guest on 2020/05/12 03:58:36 PM    
+1, would be very useful
by teohhanhui on 2020/08/14 08:38:02 AM    

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server