Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

HDD is crashed want to migrate TIXATI files to another computer

by bleederdepp on 2018/10/24 11:22:11 AM    
Hello,

My HDD of my old computer is crasched (hanging, cyclic rdundation errors etc.). My Tixati app is running at the C-directory at this HDD. I am going to change the HDD with a SSD for the OS. So the SSD will not be big enough to put all the TIXATI download files on it. Because of this I am going to install a 2nd HDD on which I want to migrate my TIXATI files to (D:). How do I do this the best way keeping my dowload stats of TIXATI and TIXATI will go further at the point it stopt when it was running last time at my old HDD?

Regards,

Bleederdepp
by Pete on 2018/10/30 08:40:59 AM    
I haven't tried this on Windows but it should work OK. Move all files to D: drive and use symbolic links on the C: drive to point Tixati to the content. For example if you had C:\download folder make a symbolic link on C:\ named download pointing to a folder on D: drive where all files are placed. You can create a symbolic link using mklink command for example
mklink /d c:\download d:\download
you need administrator privileges for this to work.
by Guest on 2018/11/01 06:15:34 PM    
This would work as a patch.

It is better to be able to Sort by Location and move files where you need to.

D.
by Guest on 2019/04/06 06:49:08 PM    
One overlooked option for "mass migration" is to mount whole partitions as folders in NTFS. For Linux it's the native approach, but you can do it in Windows too:

Say, you have SSD and HDD. You normally make your whole SSD a C:/ partition, but then you can add a "folder" that maps to your HDD: C:/Downloads/ --> HDD/

Search for "How to Map a Folder to a Drive Letter in Windows", you can also do it from Disk Management, it's called "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder"

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server