Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

download stops at 99%, how to fix

by Guest on 2014/03/18 01:08:39 AM    
I have been trying to download a torrent, and it has been stopping at 99%. I tried using C-Cleaner, delete the download files with no avail. Any suggestions? I don't think it's texati's fault specifically, I think there's just an error. The META file and other files are the ones not downloading. If you have any other questions ask away
by Sailor24 on 2014/03/19 06:26:02 AM    
Your question is not super clear but I will take a stab at this. Maybe 2 different things depending on your problem. If file the goes to 100% then drops back to 99% on a boot? I would suspect CC cleaner of deleting all temp directories regularly. You would need to exclude the Tixati "incomplete pieces folder" from CC cleaner's path. Exclude all Tixati folder paths would be best. Actually if you don't know exactly, what to use CC cleaner for, don't use it for anything but the recycle bin feature. Excellent program for the advanced user, dangerous for those that are not.

If the whole torrent only downloads to 99%, then it is something completely different. First question; are there complete seeds in the peer group, actually seeding? The way to confirm that is on the Tixati transfer page. With the torrent highlighted choose details.Just above the third bar down, on the right hand side you will see a number then the words " Available copies". That number must be 1 or greater. Even .999 will still not complete the torrent.
by Guest on 2014/03/20 02:32:49 AM    
Thanks for the response,
I figured out the problem was the torrent. There were no seeders and all my peers were stuck at 99% as well. I tried a different torrent and everything worked out.

About CCleaner,
I use it to clean cookies and to clear my temp directories. I'm not an extremely advanced user, but I am quite knowledgeable through self-education on technology in general. Do you have a resource for bittorrent? I read the article on it on Wikipedia, but the specifics of bittorrent I do not know about.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.
by Guest on 2014/03/20 08:55:58 AM    
I have seen the 99% often and it seems to be related to missing or corrupted files from the seed.  Often these are misc. txt or jpg extras in the package that aren't needed. But they may be in a block that included the final few bits to complete the main file and if that block gets dropped, the main file will never show as complete, though often, if a video, will play well. When it occurs, I often see the missing bytes at the beginning and end of the main file.  Not sure how this happens when the sole seed out there is advertising 100% as that would indicate to me their files all matched hash. Even with this, I have such a file sitting unfinished for perhaps as long as 6 months. The seed shows 100%, we occasionally connect but the final block never completes of matches hash. I don't understand it but it is what it is.
by Guest on 2014/04/18 02:57:17 AM    
turn off your AV
by Nili on 2014/04/18 08:13:37 AM    
Well not always, i have a file back 100% but because i made format and upgtade to the latest Linux system and backup all settings of Tixati when did the hash check... file 100% gone back 99%, my bad there is no other seeders on the tracker to complete 100% but even if i make 100% will drop everytime to 99% just because i formated my system abd old settings not properly read by tixati "for some files", i changed my path, i changed my driver letter etc another reason for the drop...

Well i made a long thread regarding this bug but i'll not bringing to the attention for some reason.
Also your opinion is correct most of time, but I am very confident that there is a bug on the file that fall to 99% after being 100%

Regards,
Nili
by Bugmagnet on 2014/04/19 11:15:17 PM    
I am in a swarm right now for a torrent that only shows 1 or 2 seeds with 100%. There are about 30 others at 99%. I note that 1 files are incomplete. One is the typical "downloaded from aaa . com . txt" and the other is the main file, missing a small amount.

Some have suggested that the text file and the end of the main file share the same block. If the seed deleted, edited or turned off the txt file, thinking it unimportant, it will cause the final block to fail and so no one else will ever get 100%.

What confuses me is how the seed reports 100%. I would think their files would have to pass hash check and if they do, why wouldn't they pass hash check on send? That is unless they turned off sharing the small txt file.  grasping at the possibilities but that's the best i can guess.
by Pete on 2014/04/20 12:52:06 PM    
Pity that we can't send private messages to each other. I guess posting hash value of the torrent is not allowed.

BTW, do you really got the torrent from "aaa . com" site? hehe
by Bugmagnet on 2014/04/22 09:47:37 PM    
no.. not really from aaa or xxx - the hostnames were changed to protect the innocent :)

I came to the conclusion that particular torrent was sabotaged.

When I checked it yesterday, I saw 3 seeds available  and for a moment, tixati showed connecting to 2 of them at the same time.. they were both advertising the same client (not tixati), they were both using the same port, but while they were colored light blue as seeds are, one showed 79% and the other 0% available. How can a seed not have 100%?  That and the same port number and client confirmed it for me. I think this was a fake file, inserted by someone intending to poison the network. dozens of peers downloaded 99% when it was first available and now sit months on end thinking they'll somehow get that last 1% - ain't neva gonna happen.  Time to delete torrent and data and free up some disk space.

And pete.. i found tixati has a neat feature ... it allows sending private messages, very private, highly encrypted even they claim. I know, the source is closed, but I am a sucker. I believe them when they say the PM is super private.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server