Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Request: Local File _ Rename / Remove

by Guest on 2018/08/21 07:07:41 PM    
I sometimes accidentally click "Remove" when I mean to click "Rename". Very frustrating - especially when it is a file that took a long time to DL due to a lack of seeds. Please either move "Rename" to the top of the list and "Remove" to the bottom of the list - or - have an "Are you sure you want to delete" check-box pop-up. I usually find pop-ups to be annoying, but not nearly as annoying as accidentally removing a file. Thank you!
by Guest on 2018/08/21 09:18:03 PM    
just click the remove button at the top of the transfers page and select 'undo last remove'.
by Bugmagnet on 2018/08/22 08:11:12 AM    
just for clarification...I do not know what the OP is referring to as to menu items. Remove is not on the Local Files submenu. Rename is, but not Remove. So I do not understand the confusion.

When you are on the Transfers view and right click on a torrent, you have the option to Remove but Rename is not on that list.

If you do click on Remove, it does not delete the torrent itself. It only removes it from the Transfers list. All the torrent's contents remain in whatever location on the HD where it was when completed.

If you accidentally clicked Remove and want it restored, you have to do so quickly. Click the Remove BUTTON under the Transfers button and a menu will appear. On it is the option to "Undo Last Remove". But that is a very temporary command option. You have to choose this UNDO command quickly as it is only active for 3 minutes after removal. Again, no biggie since after that all you need to do is re-add the torrent metadata file. You still have the contents.

That said, there are two other remove/delete options.

Note that the ReNAME command is not on the primary menu but rather on a cascading submenu - Right click a transfer, then on primary menu select "Local files". A submenu there will offer ReNAME and at the bottom, Delete.

This "Delete" is a very different command than Remove, as it actually deletes the torrent content files as well as removing it from the transfers list. The "Undo Last Remove" works here too, BUT only for 3 minutes.

Then there is the menu that opens when clicking the Remove BUTTON (not the menu item). After selecting a torrent, clicking the Remove button will open a short menu that has options to Remove (simply unload the torrent from tixati Transfers) OR Remove and Delete Local files as well as the Undo command.
by SmokeHound on 2018/10/06 06:29:25 PM    
Why not use the standard Windows hotkey for rename (F2) when your on a file?

That is if you are using Windows.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server