Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati I2P Support

by 4P8xjZrpFe6rsVUkwkgP on 2018/08/19 11:53:06 PM    
I strongly recommend that Tixati work to include I2P support. I2P is a decentralized file-sharing protocol similar to Tor. However, it is typically more effective at sharing files than Tor. As a result, other torrent clients, such as Vuze, support I2P.

Using I2P is a preferred torrent anonymization technique. It is more effective than encryption alone, since it routes traffic through different peers. While I2P traffic is slower than a direct clearnet connection, it offers a simple way to gain anonymity without trusting a VPN provider.

Since Tixati is written in C++, it could consider i2pd or Kovri. Both are I2P routers written in C++. i2pd is full-featured, and Kovri is stripped-down. I believe that Kovri provides enough functionality for a torrent client.
by Guest on 2018/08/22 04:11:28 PM    
+1

D.
by Guest on 2018/09/17 04:59:13 AM    
+1 too
by Guest on 2018/10/04 02:38:09 AM    
Second this also as long as it is optional and not forced or standard
by Guest on 2018/10/26 07:32:11 PM    
Another upvote for I2P.
by Guest on 2018/12/09 08:46:24 PM    
+1
by Guest on 2019/01/25 10:51:42 AM    
Any news about this? Will this be implanted soon?
by Guest on 2019/01/27 11:20:04 AM    
I never heard for I2P before, so when I read that it offers increased anonymity, it got my interest.
But now I search to find more about it and now I'm not so sure if I would like to use it. This is actually a darknet, if I understand correctly. Criminals using it, I mean a real hardcore criminals, like drug dealers, murderers, pedophiles ...
Maybe I don't understand something, but how would this be safer to use then normal torrenting if the traffic will go through computers from above mentioned criminals?
by Guest on 2019/11/22 07:43:47 AM    
I2P does not turn your computer into an outproxy, public proxy or Tor relay. Traffic eithin the I2P network stays within the I2P network unless you choose to operate a proxy for internet sites. I2P calls these outproxies. I2P user's aren't outproxies.

Whenever there's something available that claims anonymity or privacy there's always going to be some people that abuse it. I'm not saying there aren't any criminals or pedos on I2P but it's more difficult to use compsred to Tor which helps lessen those bad users. Blame the user not the tool. I2P encourages bittorrent and p2p applications unlike Tor.
by Guest on 2019/11/22 07:52:06 AM    
To anyone else reading this, I don't think I2P support is going to be added. The developer(s) are already working on Fopnu and Super Simple Server. I2P support will be too much work and I don't think it's something they want to add. If you want a bittorrent client that supports I2P, you can use BiglyBT. But it uses a lot more RAM compared to Tixati. Each of them has their own pros and cons. I use both.
by Guest on 2019/11/22 11:10:59 PM    

I think this is far from needed, have other features to add much more important, like SSS, streaming features, and others
by Guest on 2023/10/24 03:33:01 AM    
+1
 I'd love to see I2P grow and most of the big torrent apps aren't really supporting it. Tixati is clever and progressive - I think it would be a great fit.  Have to use Qbittorrent now which is clunky.
by Guest on 2023/10/25 03:15:01 PM    
Not real kerkerkerkercriminals. We might as well ban the internet right now if that is the litmus test of acceptable technology. Killers and creeps are using torrents too. Security and privacy for us = Security and privacy for criminals.

+1
by Guest on 2023/10/26 12:53:50 AM    
I never used proxy to download anything in my life, I'm 45 yo, I never had any issue related to privacy and security.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server