Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Linux - Xubuntu] Tixati v2.58 deb messes up Xubuntu 18.04.1

by Guest on 2018/08/17 03:30:01 PM    
Downloading the Tixati 2.58 version and installing it fails with errors.

CRITICAL: tixati: installed tixati package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 127

Weirdly, Tixati runs and works properly. But it messes with the system when we try to install any new applications.
When trying to install any new program on the system or we try to update the system, the software installer shows app install failed or software updates failed due to a program critical error.

When trying to install Gnome logs the software installer showed the above error as reason for not installing gnome logs.

Only solution to this is doing an apt purge of Tixati which allows me to install any app or software updates.
by Guest on 2018/08/19 11:36:58 PM    
I don't use xubuntu (or any *buntu), but I think you're better off with the binary executable available for download. No hard dependencies, just chmod +x it and run.
by Pete on 2018/08/28 07:37:21 AM    
It's probably this issue: https://forum.tixati.com/support/2686
by Guest on 2018/09/24 01:39:43 PM    
Update: I downloaded the 64-bit Standalone / Manual Binary Install version and installed it in /opt

Everything runs fine now except a weird bug of Tixati I've been seeing from version 2.5 onwards.
The bug is that Tixati automatically unmounts hdd attached to external USB 2 or 3 docks. Many times after logging into the system after few hours I would find the system asking for password to mount the external hdd which was already mounted during start up. Opening up Tixati shows that it lost connection to the external hdd and torrents show errors.

I've seen this happen in Linux Mint. In Xubuntu, in this latest 2.58 version, seems Tixati just remounts the drive by itself, even when the system asks for password to mount the drive.

To make sure its not the hardware, I've attached the hdd dock directly to pc and changed ports, indirectly via a usb 3 hub, and even used other programs like qBittorent and Transmission with the same setup.

All the times, only when using Tixati, the hdd would get disconnected any time after a few hours or 2 days of use. With the other programs like qBittorent or Transmission, the hdd dock did not get disconnected even once in weeks.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server