Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Watching WebTorrent videos

by Guest on 2018/08/12 03:31:17 PM    
hello everyone

i recently started watching videos on a decentralized video hosting service, and i would like to download and watch the video using my favourite BitTorrent client Tixati,
however when i try to add the magnet link to tixati i get the error: tracker error: Unsupported protocol > wss://trackername
by technoMica on 2018/08/15 12:09:20 AM    
Decentralized video hosting services uses the webtorrent project
p2p decentralized video hosting service are becoming more popular
tixati should support webtorrent protocol

don't you think so ???
by technoMica on 2018/08/15 12:55:57 AM    
i mean sure since firefox can be used to watch/download those videos, what advantage is there for tixati to add it?

First like i said before i would like to watch, download and seed these videos using my favourite BitTorrent client Tixati,
but there is a major problem with the webtorrent project running in Firefox.

It doesn't care for computers(peers) running behind a router !!!

you know that In any peer-to-peer system it is important to be able to receive incoming TCP connections from other peers. Without this ability, a peer can only place outgoing connections and becomes isolated from other peers that also can't receive incoming connections.
if you don't know what i'm  talking about please read"opening a port in your router": https://support.tixati.com/forwarding%20ports%20in%20a%20broadband%20router

webtorrent relies the WebRTC to make p2p connections, which doesn't work on it's own and also doesn't give you a way to know the port number used by bitchute(for example) for incoming TCP connections,
and that is why i want to use tixati to download and seed those videos rather than using firefox, because tixati unlike many torrent programs allows you to correctly configure the program and your router to accept incoming connections.
by Pete on 2018/08/15 11:03:24 PM    
Try to copy just the info hash from a magnet link and paste it to Tixati. Info hash is a string of text after "btih:" , next field begins with "&".

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server