Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati doesn't close stays in memory
Page 2 of 2     <<<12   >   >>  
by Guest on 2018/08/09 01:13:26 PM    
I have an old HP TC4400 that has Windows 7 x64 installed on it. I've NEVER updated it from the original installation.
Tixati works perfectly fine on this OS and it's able to exit properly.

On my desktop machine, I recently updated it, it's also running Windows 7 x64.
Tixati won't close and turns into a stuck process just like everyone here mentions.

I also have the same issue with QBittorrent: it behaves fine on the non-updated machine, but turns into a zombie process on the updated machine.
So I'm thinking this is a Windows problem somewhere.
by Guest on 2018/08/09 01:38:54 PM    
Same guest from 2018/08/09 07:13:26 AM here!
I just tried uninstalling all updates from July 2018, there were 3 of them. I don't remember the numbers though, there were so many updates that I just decided to uninstall batches of updates for testing. Luckily, uninstalling July's 3 updates for Windows 7 seemed to fix the problem! I hope this is helpful to somebody out there :)
by Bugmagnet on 2018/08/09 04:40:09 PM    
The problem seems to be related to a specific microsoft update, that has since been 'fixed'.

See posts on pages 2 and 3 of this thread for the specifics on this

with the latest update, the prior updates do not have to be removed. And not a good idea to leave security related updates uninstalled.
by Guest on 2018/08/09 08:00:09 PM    
I have been having the same issue with 2.58 and started occuring only after updating. I was getting error 32 in use by another process. This would cause the app to be unresponsive. Downloading would stop. Trying both to kill the process and Process Tree did not work. I turned off my antivirus believing on access scan was scanning inside zip files which were in the torrent, hence another process so i thought. tried antivirus exclusion as well for folder.
by Guest on 2018/08/09 08:12:17 PM    
Ok, my mistake there! Glad it's been sorted out :)
by Vadrif Draco on 2018/08/17 02:13:15 PM    
Still having this issue on Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

Issue: A few seconds after starting any download, tixati randomly freezes and is unkillable through any process/task manager. It eventually unfreezes then freezes back. Unfortunately I do not have the updates mentioned and can not follow any of the steps mentioned.

tixati version used: 2.58 (tried both x64 & x32 in case it could help)
by Vadrif Draco on 2018/08/17 02:48:04 PM    
#update: It freezes randomly regardless of starting a download or not. It's completely unusable right now.
by Guest on 2018/09/02 07:40:48 PM    
Windows 10 Pro Build 17134.228 is doing it, too.  No patches are available.  Last Windows update was 8/19 but this just started today.  System can't even reboot.  This is a crippling bug that makes the OS and the application unusable.
by Guest on 2018/09/03 09:51:59 PM    
Same guest as above, re: Windows 10.
Clean reinstall worked - for a day.  Started doing it again.  Starts this time then just locks up.  Beginning to suspect this is due to a DOS attack.  Code is just too stable to be doing like this suddenly when no changes have been made to the system...
by Guest on 2018/09/04 05:11:21 AM    
It's a DOS.  Someone is exploiting the integration between the browser and Tixati for magnet links.   Best to do them manually....
by Guest on 2018/09/04 05:38:25 AM    
This is probably a DOS involving the tracker hints contained in magnet links.  One or more of the trackers may have been compromised.   It is best just to copy the link location of the magnet link, cutting off everything to the right of the "&dn", and adding the magnet manually. That has yet to crash or lock up for me.
by Guest on 2018/10/13 07:37:12 AM    
If I log off and log back in Tixati processes goes away!!!  Running 64bit win7 tixati 2.58
by Guest on 2018/10/20 06:58:09 PM    
Crisislord here.

I am having the same issue as Guest above. Tixati starts normally, so I went to the home tab to view the log and the latter freezes when it is doing some kind of socket request. Anyone has any idea?
by Guest on 2018/10/21 08:47:39 AM    
Crisislord here.

somehow it fixed itself. i am running a pi nas server alongside my pc. so after tixati finished task it dumps the file to the nas server. however my pc was having trouble authenticating itself on the nas server resulting in tixati hanging as it is not able to access the storage. and hence the dire freezes.

so if you having issues like this must be because of some unaccessible memory
Page 2 of 2     <<<12   >   >>  
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server