Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

RSS feed updates error: Host not found (49410)

by Puriel on 2018/06/28 02:39:42 PM    
Hello.
First of all thank you for you awesome software.
Well I have this problem and trying to find the solution on my own hasnt worked thats why Im bothering you.

Screen Capture: (removed by mod and sent to devs)

My feeds havent updated in days, the links are working and I can see the feed opening the link with a browser.
Disabling firewalls and antivirus hasnt helped.
Downloads work though.

Well thats about it hope you can help me and thank you in advance.

EDIT: sorry forgot the rss links:
(removed by mod and sent to devs)
by Guest on 2018/06/30 01:49:41 AM    
I too am having this issue.  started several days ago, but to be honest I just no noticed it.

It is connecting to the site that I pull from and the logs seems to say everything is fine and being created.  I no rss filters in play so nothing blocking there.

The published screen logged in says waiting for meta-info and then I receive the message "server responded with code 503".

--

I can also replicate this same error on a different web site.  I tried 2 different sites (that offer rss feeds) and they do connect and they pull but then I received the server responded with code 503 message.

The event log pulled 50 items from server, 0 items blocked by filter, 50 items passed filter, 0 items already in feed and 50 items created.

the update complete (web site) pulled fine

then I receive "error getting meta-info > file name

---

I'm not posting actual web address and actual file names to not anger the torrent gods... if logs are needed/wanted I'd be happy to send them in sep.

But it does seem to reflect the same error that the previous poster stated.  I can't say for sure when this started, b/c I have my RSS checked over various days...

but I can say that one site does work and has been working and works fine.. but the other two web sites (known p2p sites) not working... strange...
by Guest on 2018/06/30 03:37:17 PM    
What OS and what version of tixati?

it sounds like those feeds are not sending the correct info. it may correct itself if thats the case.

Guest on 2018/06/29 07:49:41 PM--> where exactly does it display the error message "server responded with code 503"?
RSS or Transfers tab?
by Guest on 2018/06/30 07:21:47 PM    
Sorry always forget the basic...

windows 10
Tixati 2.57

I'm seeing the error in the RSS Feeds window under the event log summary 2 logs

The site I use has an active RSS feed page, and I can go to the web page and click on their rss link and it's working, I can even add it to FireFox's active rss bookmark and see the page, click on a link and it will add to Tixati as normal.

But if I use the same bookmark on this particular web site copy the rss link location, add it to tixati's rss module, it will add, it will go to the site, it will retrieve and then it gives the server 503 error...

I've used this site for a very long time for various items and it's worked before.  So on a whim, I tried another web site (totally different) and I get the same results, but there is a third site I use for television only and it works fine.

So not 100% what is going on at this time.  2 web sites, that I've used before, without problems, and now I'm having problems... and I think it's been going on for a few weeks (or at least a couple).  Honestly, not sure, I usually don't pay much attention to the RSS module section because it's usually on auto pilot, doing it's magic and then I saw the post here and noticed in mine that I haven't seen anything, forced a refresh and get the same error code message.

Very odd for my Tixati to be doing this, I've tried slapping it around and it just tells me 503! :)  LOL, honestly, I've double checked the links, they are the same, I've even deleted and recreated the link to the same result, 503.

Any thoughts or ideas?  

Thanks.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server