Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

First(?) file downloaded is not put in directory

by Guest on 2018/06/27 10:41:51 PM    
I have been noticing this error on and off for a while now but only now has it become an actual nuisance:

When the torrent is "styled" as a directory, and not as a single file, i.e. the files of the torrent should be placed in a directory that is the name of the torrent file, some files, possibly the first downloaded, are downloaded OUTSIDE of the torrent-name-directory. For example, if I have a torrent named "TITLE", with files "foo1", "foo2", and "foo3" in it, and I set the download location as "D:\Downloads" it's quite likely, though I'm not certain it happens every time, that a "foo2" and "foo3" will be downloaded to "D:\Downloads\TITLE\", but "foo1" will be put in the root "D:\Downloads\". This is particularly annoying when the downloaded item is an application as the misplaces files are not found by the installer. I've actually seen a more egregious example where a file was put in the root directory from not one but two levels deeper.

It seems to be possible to fix this issue manually file-by-file by opening up the file tree in Tixati and moving the file to its correct location by hand, but this is obviously a tedious workaround.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server