Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

An old question that I cannot remember...

by Guest on 2018/06/20 01:54:04 AM    
I have been using Tixati off/on for a while now and I have a stupid if not dumb arse question.

Is there any need for trackers to be listed in torrents w/ DHT?  I remember about a year/two ago there was a big debate (which I'd rather not rehash) as to there being a need to add in public trackers to ones torrents.  

If there is no need, then is it practical to remove them?  currently I have Tixati set to add 4 trackers to all of my newly added torrents.  But if this is redundant or not even needed, I'd like to go ahead and remove all trackers when I add torrents (which I know how to do, thanks!).

OK told you it was a dumb arse question...

Thanks!
by Guest on 2018/06/20 03:50:47 PM    
The only trackers random seeds/peers will likely have with each other are the still-working trackers contained in the .torrent file.

Public torrents are better off using DHT than adding random trackers, but not quite as well off as also using working trackers added by the original .torrent file itself.

Any trackers you add are likely worse-than-worthless, because most other seeds/peers do not know to add them...and those trackers you add have to track extra torrents for no benefit.
by Guest on 2018/06/24 11:33:31 PM    
Thank you, that was my memory as well...

I don't do private tackers, so that is not an issue...

thanks you have given me something to think about.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server