Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Does tixati support "proxy for peer connections" too?

by intothedark on 2018/06/10 04:32:24 PM    
Just as the title suggest, does it use proxy for peer connections too? Some websites advise not to use proxies with tixati because of that (and instead use qBitTorrent and such).
by Guest on 2018/06/10 06:40:19 PM    
a proxy works properly with tixati for peer connections. all tixati connections will go through your proxy as long as you set up your proxy correctly and put the proper info into tixati.
by intothedark on 2018/06/10 07:30:33 PM    
Thanks for the reply.

So that means that everything (literally everything) is going through the proxy?
I have enabled "Use proxy to resolve names" (ipleak was showing my real address if it wasn't enabled) but I'm afraid there might be something that could potentially leak my real address because some torrents are being downloaded very quickly (around >1.5MB/s) and I don't think that's possible if you're using Tor as proxy. I mean, tor's average download speed is <5Mb/s (<625kB/s) , so there might be something wrong going on there.

So far I have done this:

Networks > Connections:
Outgoing Peer Connection Encryption (Encrypted Only)
Incoming Peer Connection Encryption (Encrypted Only)
Outoing Peer Connection Protocol (TCP Only)
Incoming Peer Connection Protocol (TCP Only)
Network > Proxy:

Use proxy to resolve names
DHT:
Startup DHT Mode: (Off)
DHT mode for normal transfers: (Off)
by intothedark on 2018/06/10 07:54:49 PM    
Given that, I would like to know if Tixati has any privacy feature (just like qBitTorrent).
Also, is there any way to check my current IP address? I don't see any "Self-connect" in the Peer tab ( https://forum.tixati.com/support/498  ).

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server