Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

How to back up info for partially completed downloads

by Yypres on 2014/03/14 12:15:30 PM    
Hi, just started using tixati after transferring from Vuse - and glad I did!

I need to re-instal my O.S. but have incomplete downloads. What do I need to back up so that I can resume them? Torrents are downloaded to  a separate disk so the OS should not affect them. I'm using Linux Mint.
Thanks
by Pete on 2014/03/14 08:14:03 PM    
The easiest way is to use Export function (Import/Export at the bottom of Tixati Settings) to backup settings and Transfers list in a .tixaticonfig file. In order to manually add partially completed torrents you need torrent data and .torrent file. You can easily save .torrent files for all transfers by selecting them and using right-click menu: Meta-Info > Save .torrent.

From what I tried on Windows:
Tixati has Import/Export function (in Settings). It works OK but has one downside: doesn't save boundary pieces for partial downloads. You can copy whole Tixati settings folder, install fresh Tixati and paste old settings (including boundary pieces). Tixati data files are located in %appdata%\Tixati folder.
by Yypres on 2014/03/14 11:45:22 PM    
Thanks, I'll try tommorrow
by carlmart on 2020/08/16 06:58:26 PM    
This topic I just found, but I made a similar question some days ago and I got no answer.

I also have partially downloaded files that I would like to export to another SSD.

Can I do that and how do I proceed?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server