Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature request: PAUSE button to stop all torrents transfers

by Guest on 2018/05/15 10:29:35 PM    
We need a PAUSE button to stop all active torrent transfers.

When clicked, the button should change to RESTART. When the user clicks RESTART tixati should restart all paused torrents (all torrents that were active before clicking on PAUSE).
by Guest on 2018/05/16 12:19:29 PM    
You can do that by:
1. playing with bandwidth presets
2. closing and opening tixati
by Guest on 2018/05/16 03:19:55 PM    
+1

D.
by HandyMan on 2018/05/17 08:50:12 AM    
You will find a Stop All Transfers menu item when you right click on the Transfers button or the Tray Icon
It will stop all running torrents. When you right click Start All Transfers it will restart those torrents and not the ones that were offline before the Stop All Transfers was done.
by Guest on 2018/05/18 01:23:38 AM    
Thanks, indeed it's in the tray menu. Looking around to see if I could access it without the tray menu I also found it in the right-click menu of the main Tixati toolbar. Very useful feature.
by Guest on 2018/05/18 09:45:34 PM    
Will that STOP or PAUSE?

When I click it again will it RESUME everything as it was before?

Dont want to have to reselect what was stopped or not.

D.
by HandyMan on 2018/05/19 07:17:01 PM    
There is no Pause in Tixati.
After you hit Stop All Transfers, the menu item change to Restart All Transfers.
It resume everything as it was before.
by Guest on 2018/05/23 12:29:58 AM    
The problem with this is that it will START ALL instead of Starting the ones I had Running. I have some Stopped and it would be annoying to have to remember which ones I had Stopped and which ones Started.

This is why I think a PAUSE ALL Button would be useful.
by Pete on 2018/05/23 07:59:47 PM    
The problem with this is that it will START ALL instead of Starting the ones I had Running.
No it would not. It works exactly as HandyMan had written. By the way it would take about 5 minutes to test by yourself.

If for some reason you don't want to stop transfers, because for example you gain some bonus points on a private tracker while they are running, you can set two bandwidth presets, one normal and the other with very low bandwidth limit. The second one will work as pause, guest from the first page mentioned this option. Bandwidth presets are accessible from tray menu too.
by crashnburn on 2018/06/02 02:01:49 PM    
Did you check and verify if it works as you'd wanted?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server