Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Memory Leak!! Panic in the streets Memory Leeeeeaaaaak!!

by Guest on 2018/05/09 05:28:36 PM    
Ok first off great work! Tixati is by far the best in all categories especially in the not being a dick category. Keep up the excellent work its what software should be. So a slow memory increase happens that increases the ram load by about 500mb every 15min. It goes until there is no memory left and stalls all activity on the computer including mouse interaction and you have to hard reboot. I really noticed when trying to download large 25gb files and doing a bunch of them at the same time. So to test:
Win10 64
Try at least 4 or more large ~25gb links.
Then open Task Manager (or better tool) and watch the ram load tick up!
If you can not reproduce try installing Avast and CCCeaner monitor. On their own they do not increase the ram load but maybe there is some strange interaction. I don't know what the cause could be as I have checked everything I could. Hey maybe I'll try out the new Fopnu.
by Guest on 2018/05/10 04:15:38 PM    
i see you are using win 10. what version of tixati are you using?

do you have any channels running? what ones?

your 25gb torrents, are they one file or many files?

are you actively seeding any torrents? how many?

how fast are you downloading and uploading?

ive tried with some 15 to 20gb torrents, some with one or two files and some with many files, and i have not seen my memory climb at all.
by Guest on 2018/05/14 04:41:19 AM    
Hello thanks for replying.
Using most current Tixati 2.57 (note the memory leak started in older version about 4m old maybe more and I upgraded to latest to see if it fixed the problem).

No channels or any other weird stuff just straight downloading of 1 to 8 torrents at a time.

The torrents have 1 to ~25 files. However I tested and it does not matter if it is one torrent with one file the memory leak occurs and seems the same rate too.

No torrents being seeded.

Download speed is 0 to 5mb/s (not usually sustained so average I would say 600kb/s)

Also I mentioned it might be Avast or CCCleaner but I uninstalled Avast and turned off monitoring by CCCleaner.
The memory leak only happens when Tixati is started.

Very strange if I am the only one experiencing this. I have been using Tixati for many years now since its very early release plus it was working just fine and then it just started to happen. I think it is some kind of Win10 update that has caused this. My hardware is new and my software is all up to date and I try to keep a clean setup on this rig.

Win10 64
I7-6700K
GIGABYTE Z170X-GAMING 3 LGA 1151 Intel Z170
G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 288PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit
by Guest on 2018/05/14 06:28:19 PM    
if you can get this memory leak to happen reliably, go back version by version to see when it starts. that's the best way to narrow this down and get it fixed.
by Guest on 2018/05/14 11:36:46 PM    
Sounds painful but ok. I can't find the legacy versions to download though there is only the current.

I tried Fopnu but it does not download the regular torrents.
So any suggestions of alternatives to Tixati that are not evil pieces of shit? I stopped looking long ago after I found Tixati.
by Guest on 2018/06/05 11:15:38 AM    
Ok I have tried them all including 2.48.1 and they all memory leak.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server