Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

fantasy feature: moving torrent metadata file after completion

by Bugmagnet on 2014/03/11 12:59:00 PM    
I liked the option to have a folder for torrents being 'leached', downloaded then when complete to move the metadata file to a 'done' folder from which it can continue to be seeded.

This is not unlike the option to move the torrent data itself after completion, to separate completes from not.
by Guest on 2014/03/12 05:56:12 PM    
There is possibility to move .torrent file to other place at start of downloading, not at completion.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/03/16 08:56:54 AM    
yes..that is the issue.
IIRC, uTorrent had the option to move the metadata file after completion along with the data files also. Tixati does the latter, but not the former.
by Guest on 2014/03/21 11:20:44 PM    
IMO it's not really matters when .torrent file will be moved, at the start or the end of download.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/03/22 11:47:53 AM    
It matters if you want to have a folder of unfinished torrents and another folder to keep the metadata files for those that were completed.
by Guest on 2014/05/06 04:05:53 PM    
I'm considering to move from uTorrent to Tixati. This is the feature that I need, but I cannot find in Tixati. I need to separate torrent files is not finished, and which is already finished. uTorrent has this feature.
by Guest on 2014/08/29 01:57:55 PM    
I have to agree. I'm trying to find a different torrent client, have been using uTorrent for many years. I'm trying Tixati out and like it, other than not auto moving files to a destination folder based on category (label in uTorrent) once torrent is completed.

I like to have a folder with completed torrents filtered based on their type. In uTorrent this was done with their labels and the label name would then specify the folder under the completed location it would go to. Ex, actively downloading torrents go to the Torrent folder, completed torrents without a label go to CompletedTorrents folder, completed torrents with a label go to CompletedTorrents\<label_name>.

With it setup this way I'm easily able to go to the folder CompletedTorrents\Anime folder and see all of the completed anime. If I'm trying to stream the videos from my torrenting computer to another computer, I can see that it is done.

I do see under the properties you can set the move to a folder option, but it is a bit cumbersome to go into the properties of every torrent, and re-browse to the desired completed location. That is where having it based on the category makes it much more convenient.
by Guest on 2014/08/29 08:08:35 PM    
There is a feature like that.
http://forum.tixati.com/support/259/

Tixati has categories already, and each can have it own location, and you can select categories when adding torrents or just drag on the main display
(the categories have locations for incoming and finished files)
If you can't see the category bar, click the layout button at the top right (just under help)

This is possible now. You can set different downloading and seeding location for each category and just select category on load transfer screen. You can do it manually too, on the bottom of load transfer screen there are: "Local Files Location" and "Move On Complete" fields. When torrent is loaded you can at any time change it's Move destination from Properties or context menu."
by Pete on 2014/08/30 11:27:26 AM    
It is possible with Categories. Enable Categories (Transfers view > Layout > Categories), on category sidebar click the plus button, on Add Category screen there are two paths: Downloading Location and Seeding Location for that category. There are some other settings available from context menu or Properties screen (right click a category on the sidebar).

Read this help page: support.tixati.com/categories

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server