Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Magnet Click notify Taskbar (portable) vs FullDialog (install) ?

by crashnburn on 2018/02/09 05:18:46 AM    
Magnet Click notify Taskbar (portable) vs FullDialog (install) ?  

I switch between using Tixati Portable (on an external HDD) and Tixati Install (on C drive of Laptop), depending on type of & size of torrents (larger ones typically go to Ext HDD).

Now, when clicking Magnet links when T Portable is running gives me glowing notification in the Taskbar which upon clicking give me the Tixati full Window and Full Dialogs for "Add Torrent".

This behavior is what I prefer as at times I will click multiple Magnet links in the browser before I choose to go to make active the Tixati Window and then go through the adding of the torrents.

On the other hand, when using the T Install I dont get the Taskbar Notification, but rather the Tixati window with FullDialog becomes active window forcing me to Alt Tab switch back to Browser everytime I add a link.

Now is this behavior cause by some setting in Tixati or is this something to do with Windows?

PS: Whenever I switch to the T Install version, I go get a pop up which wishes to confirm/ ack that it would be taking the default Magnet, DSC etc links (I can post a screenshot of it).

I do not see the same with the Portable version (and if I remember correctly, I am sure I saw it with portable to before).

So curious what causes these different behaviors and if and how we could control / change and switch between with our choice.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server