Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[feature request] Start downloading before save file prompt

by branded on 2014/02/28 02:45:22 PM    
Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to begin downloading to a temp directory before you assign a save location via the save file prompt?

For instance, if I load a magnet link, it might take 30-60 seconds before I see the prompt.  In this case, I occasionally leave my computer, and come back to see that I am now() prompted to save the file.  I am unsure how you can do this, but I can imagine it would be fairly easy.

Thanks,

Matt
by Pete on 2014/03/01 10:19:24 AM    
The prompt has 3 minutes timeout by default, after that Tixati closes prompt and starts downloading to default location. You can set different timeout if you wish. Tixati can't actually start downloading before the prompt, because it has to obtain meta info first and as soon as it gets that, the prompt pops up, so in worst case scenario you'll lose just that 3 minutes.

If you always download all files from a magnet link, you may disable the prompt just for magnet links (Transfers > Behavior > Transfer loading priority/location prompt). Files will be saved to default download location or you may manually choose another place for an unresolved magnet link, using Move function.

The priority/location prompt is there to choose location and files to download. I think it's not a good idea to start downloading before choosing files.
by waqasahsan on 2014/03/02 12:03:31 PM    
Hi Pete,

I agree downloading before setting location is not a good idea but a reasonable solution would be to follow suite with utorrent, Deluge, qBittorrent etc. and launch the "Transfer loading prompt". Waiting for fetching meta-info really is a hassle :(.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server