Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Combining categories?

by Guest on 2017/09/02 05:06:21 AM    
Just starting using Tixati and it looks good so far. But one thing I was trying to do was show just completed or uncompleted torrents. The current categories effectively split them into more than one category so that's not possible. eg: Complete - Offline, Standby Seed and Seeding could all actually be complete downloads. Similarly, incomplete could be queued, offline and downloading.

So is it possible to create two categories which basically show only complete files regardless of their status, and incomplete files regardless of their status?

I had a look at the category creation dialog and it didn't seem to do what I was trying, but maybe I was doing it wrong.

Thanks
by Guest on 2017/09/03 06:52:21 AM    
OP again, on a related note, is there any chance we could get more detailed help on the creation of category filters? I referred to the help page: https://support.tixati.com/categories  but it's out of date (the screenshots don't look like Tixati does now).

As an example, I thought if you create a category using "Capture" and "Titles" the value you put in the "Match" field would filter torrents based on that. eg: If you put the word "Ubuntu" in the Transfer Load-Match or Transfer Complete-Match you could create a Category for Ubuntu torrents. However, that doesn't work. I tested a bunch of combinations and changed the dropdown between All, Any, Phrase and the category *always* remained empty.

So I'm obviously not understanding how it works. Any information about how to create meaningful categories would be great.

Thanks.
by Guest on 2017/09/04 06:06:00 AM    
you can select more than 1 category at a time. just hold down ctrl button and select the categories.
by Guest on 2017/09/04 09:33:31 AM    
Thank you so much. I had no idea that worked. That makes life much easier.

Still hoping for an update to the help & support pages, but that's one problem down :)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server