Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Brand new P2P client from Tixati devs

by Guest on 2017/07/21 12:54:12 AM    
You can get it at https://www.fopnu.com/

There's also some details on the tixati testing page at http://testing.tixati.com
by gunshit on 2017/07/22 08:57:44 PM    
Good evening,

Why create a new client? Which are the main differences with Tixati itself?

Thanks in advance
by Guest on 2017/07/23 04:18:15 AM    
the main difference is that fopnu doesn't use torrents.
by Guest on 2017/07/24 08:30:09 PM    
Basically its time to split chat room based downloads from tixati into separate client
by Guest on 2017/07/25 08:19:12 AM    
you dont need to be in any channels to download/upload in fopnu. there is only chat in channels right now.
by Guest on 2017/07/26 06:03:30 PM    
would be nice if it was anonymous, this is worse than torrenting, you can see everything IP is sharing ... is like direct connect all over again, without security of private hubs

I would imagine next evolution in p2p would be more anonymity/security, we already have decentralized networks and torrent files lose importance anyway

dont see whats the point of this, is there something I am missing, that would actually make this viable in the future?
by Guest on 2017/07/27 01:46:25 AM    
I have not installed this program but it would appear to be similar to eMule KAD in that you search through peers (decentralized) only.

Maybe someone who is actually using it can report on it.
by Guest on 2017/07/27 05:30:02 PM    
What's sort of communication protocol does it use ?
by Guest on 2017/07/30 08:16:13 PM    
without users it's useless,even if it's a good client
by Guest on 2017/07/31 08:56:54 AM    
users take time and are coming. fopnu is a really great program and when the network takes off its going to be awesome. spread the word and make it popular, faster.
by TGminer on 2017/07/31 09:02:00 AM    
Interesting, in a sense, it's the Channels part of Tixati with the torrent part completely removed.
Looking at the screenshots, it reminds me of many p2p file sharing programs all at once. I see great potential in this :)
by Guest on 2017/08/01 03:15:46 AM    
Also tixati is a very good client but people keep using uTorrent,even with ads,or if they want to change they choose qbittorrent
tixati has a good interface but devs don't talk with use,they are not interested in the featues we want
by ZarkBit on 2017/08/13 05:16:25 PM    
Also tixati is a very good client but people keep using uTorrent,even with ads,or if they want to change they choose qbittorrent
tixati has a good interface but devs don't talk with use,they are not interested in the featues we want

That's not true, most people stick to utorrent because it has a simplistic GUI and it works OOTB, and when they switch, they switch to something simple that resembles utorrent. Tixati has a very complex GUI, at least for non savy users. I'm talking from experience, when I first tried Tixati(a long time ago), its GUI scared the crap out of me, eventually I move to it because of a unique feature which I could not find on any other bittorrent client, and eventually I adapted to Tix's complexity.

And no, Devs are not just putting their users aside, some features are worth to implement, while others not so much. It's a matter of usefulness and popularity.

As for Fopnu, it's similar to Kazaa, eDonkey (or eMule), etc... But decentralized.
by Guest on 2017/08/30 05:34:13 AM    
Tixati's complexity doesn't really matter when you don't need to configure it just to work the way you wanted it to. It's one of those set and forget BitTorrent client that does fine and probably the best without changing the settings.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server