Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

UPNP/NAT-PMP is broken

by Guest on 2017/07/14 06:49:27 PM    
Hi!  I'm not sure when this problem started, and I'm not entirely positive that the issue is solely caused by Tixati.  I have always had UPNP/NAT-PMP enabled in both Tixati and my Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) router.  It has always worked perfectly.  I have confirmed this by seeing the entry for Tixati in the UPNP section on my Netgear router and by seeing the successful UPNP/NAT-PMP entry in the log in Tixati.  Now UPNP/NAT-PMP between Tixati and my router is broken.  The Tixati log shows constant UPNP/NAT-PMP errors like "socket error waiting for reply: Timed out (50434)" and "error searching: Timed out searching for commands (50178)" and I no longer see a successful UPNP/NAT-PMP entry in my router.  I have tried rebooting my router, disabling and re-enabling UPNP in my router, factory resetting my router, disabling and re-enabling UPNP/NAT-PMP in Tixati and adjusting the UPNP/NAT-PMP settings in Tixati to see if an alternate configuration would work.

I know I could just pick a port in Tixati and set up port-forwarding on the router and I'd be good to go, but I like the added security/privacy that you get with random port usage.  Is anyone else having issues with UPNP/NAT-PMP?  If so, I'm curious about which version of Tixati you're using, what router you are using, and what UPNP/NAT-PMP settings you are using.  Also, has anyone had this problem and successfully fixed it?  If so, how did you fix it?  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server