Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Bringing Tixati colors into the 21st century

by Guest on 2014/02/02 11:00:50 PM    
Hi, Looking at the transfers screen, the progress bars are black and grey. Tried fiddling with custom colors, cant seem to change anything other than the text or background. Is there a way to get rid of this black and white 70's theme? It's the only thing stopping me from using this product
by Guest on 2014/02/15 05:17:15 AM    
In Settings, go to Custom Colors and select "List/Tree Progress/Bitfield Foreground" to change the color of completed parts in the progress bar. Select "List/Tree Progress/Bitfield Background" to change the color of incomplete parts.
by Guest on 2014/02/15 11:19:13 AM    
For me the only important things in Tixati is
the functionality (it does what I expect),
and the stability (never crashes).
Color and such things would be nice-to-have,
but are less important for me.

(just my 2 cent)
by Pete on 2014/02/16 09:31:15 AM    
Color and font settings may be useful for people with vision defects.

In my opinion, default dark theme looks good.
by Guest on 2016/06/07 08:21:03 PM    
How to change the colour of the progress indicators and fonts in the Details tab?
screenshot: http://stick.kz/img/2016-06/08/td7owyq2rb2wmcgwdy8p2jlgr.png

I have looked it up on the Tixati support forum — several users asked the same question on different dates, but there is no answer yet.
Can anybody of the Tixati team tell us when there will be an option of changing the colour of the progress bar?
Now it looks like a mourning ribbon.
by Guest on 2016/06/09 05:14:47 PM    
I admit that I'm at a loss with whatever you may mean with "21st Century colors" and "70's colors". Does each century and decade somehow universally equates with a specific color set, in your mind ? :)

The default colouring used for the details tab and other bits is an adequate choice - it's legible and non-nonsense, the foremost aspects any GUI should strive to be. It's true that it doesn't seem to be reconfigurable colour wise as other parts of the GUI are (one could argue that the same is true for most other bittorrent clients out there, which have even less interface customization options than Tixati, all of which is natural since most of us are concerned with functionality and legibility over aesthetic details, but let's move on), which I guess is what this thread is about.
by Guest on 2016/06/09 05:21:26 PM    
I'm guessing it uses the system colours, so to change them you'd have to change setting in your OS, which would change the colours for all programs not just tixati.
by Konrad Karlovich on 2016/06/13 08:08:41 PM    
... one could argue that the same is true for most other bittorrent clients out there, which have even less interface customization options than Tixati...
What is your suggestion: tread water together with also-rans or move onward?

Google for "progress bar image" — you will hardly find an indicator as boring as this one.
A nice GUI of any program makes your work with it more pleasant, thus more effective.

I'm guessing it uses the system colours, so to change them you'd have to change setting in your OS...
Are you serious? So, why the system progress bars are green or blue? The system doesn't use the system colours?
by Guest on 2016/06/15 01:20:10 AM    
I'm I weird for thinking this is the best looking client out there it's a nice dark theme with no frills my only problem is that it's not completely dark wish the entire program had a dark theme to it.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server